Thursday, October 4, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings

Watching the Rockies beat the Padres to make it into the playoffs was the second best moment of my life, the first being the time I found my wallet after losing it for a night. Man, was that a pleasant feeling...Honestly though, for me it was one of the most exciting moments in baseball for a while.

Save yourself some time and don't rent the movie Psychopathia Sexualis. The most disturbing thing in this movie is the acting.

The Knicks lost the sexual harassment lawsuit brought against them by a former employee. Ironic seeing as the Knicks have been getting harassed by the rest of the NBA since the turn of the millennium.

South Korean President Roh Moo Hyun visited North Korean demi-god Kim Jong Il this week and presented him with "gifts" as the Korean Central News Agency called them. With how backwards North Korea is the South Koreans probably included the gift of fire.

There is one thing holding baseball back right now: running technique. That's right, not steroids, not poor umpiring, not selfish athletes, not inept commissioners, and not greedy owners: poor running form. Watching the Padres-Rockies one game playoff the other day and seeing Matt Holliday round third base made me sick. Watching the replay I saw that his arms weren't pumping right, his back was arched, his heels were hitting the ground...it was horrible. He was moving slower than a Trevor Hoffman change-up. I have noticed this inability to run correctly in several other players, most notably in the Cardinal's Albert Pujols and the Yankees Robinson Cano. These are players who could be much faster if they ran correctly. I would like to put it out there that I would be willing to work as a running coach for any major league team. I'm warning you GM's though, my starting salary has to be at least six figures. (That's right, I'm not above embellishing a problem to get myself a sinecure, let's start a movement people. I figure I'll get an offer from at least the Royals, but who wants to work for them?)

I personally believe that the post-season is a big toss up after reading Moneyball and seeing the Cardinals win the world series last year. With that being said, here are my predictions for the baseball post-season:

Indians over Yankees
A-Rod chokes, but on a clubhouse sandwich without the crusts cut off(see Jeff Francoeur), Yanks can't win without his bat. But seriously, I like the Indians pitching.

Red Sox over Angels
The Red Sox have better pitching and hitting than the Angels, and without Gary Matthews Jr. the Angels just don't have enough "juice" to overcome the Red Sox.

Diamondbacks over Cubs
I like the Diamondbacks and they really have no reason to be in the post-season at all, so naturally I chose them. I also hold strong beliefs in magic, conspiracy theories, a flat earth, and, of course, curses.

Phillies over Rockies
I believe this match-up is very close to being even with the Phillies having a slight advantage because of their incredible offense.

THEN:
Indians over Red Sox
The Red Sox, disheartened by not facing the Yankees in the ALCS, will give up. Maybe Travis Hafner will be really good in the post-season.

Phillies over Diamondbacks
The Diamondbacks would have to bat Micah Owings every game to beat Philadelphia.

THEN:
Indians over Phillies
In the year when the Phitin' Phils recorded their 10,000th loss a franchise...they'll lose four more.

I'd like to thank Peter King for the general style of this article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Как говорилось на Seexi.net драсти!!!!!Пожалуйста мне оч нужен совет...У мя в прошлом месяце была задержка 4 дня сделала в тот же день тест и результат как бы отрицательный но еле заметно 2 полоска но к вечеру пошли меч. В этом месяце также самое тока задержка уже 6 ой день сделала тест отрицательно(((я не понимаю отчего такое происходит что это может быть !!!!!Пожалуйста подскажите)))